March 24 is World Tuberculosis Day, and there are numerous events planned around the world. Here is what ACTION has in store for you:
- ACTION partners are working with communities around the world to light up the night sky as part of Stop TB's the "#LightupforTB" campaign. Results Australia and Results Canada have secured several locations in their respective countries; in Canada, they're lighting up Niagara Falls. More.
- Results Australia is leading a Parliamentary event on March 24 with TB Alliance and IAVI. Peter Sands (Global Fund) and Nick Herbert MP (Global TB Caucus) will speak on the impact of COVID-19 on TB.
- RESULTS UK will host a Parliamentary event on March 23 (open to the public). More.
- RESULTS in the U.S. is working with other CSOs to hold Hill briefings on COVID and TB and ending TB and a lobby day to educate Congressional staff and build bipartisan support for ending TB.
- Results Canada is hosting a high-level webinar on March 23 with Partners in Health and Stop TB Canada. More.
- WACI Health and CITAM+ will participate in the “Run for TB” campaign in 10 countries, including Zambia.