There are many ways to join us as we take ACTION. See our open jobs, internships and ways to volunteer with ACTION.
Check back soon for opportunities!
The ACTION Secretariat is seeking an intern to support its international partnership of advocacy organizations focusing on global health.
- Work directly with senior team staff to support overall project needs.
- Prepare, updating, reviewing, and editing fact sheets, website content, memos, correspondence, policy briefs, reports, press releases, or other written materials related to projects.
- Assist research efforts (including literature reviews, data analysis, internet searches, etc.) and supporting the development of briefing materials on global policy issues, tuberculosis, childhood vaccines, maternal and child nutrition, advocacy opportunities, etc.
- Assist with arrangements and participate the 2015 RESULTS International Conference in Washington, DC (July 18-21, 2015).
- Work with ACTION Associate in preparation for the ACTION semi-annual partnership meeting, including assisting in preparation of background materials for distribution, and logistical support.
- Support media efforts, partner activities, conference sessions, and other advocacy activities.
- Stay up to date on campaign priority items and compiling daily clips.
- Participate in team meetings, weekly partnership calls and partner meeting.
- Assist in special projects and perform a variety of administrative tasks, as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
This position could be part-time (15–20 hours a week) or full-time (40 hours a week). Candidates who can work full days (9 am to 6 pm) are greatly preferred. Part-time intern candidates must be available on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday schedule for full days. Desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience and/or interest in international development/poverty issues.
- A background in Public Health, International Affairs or other related fields.
- Office experience desired, preferably in a non-profit setting on a team-oriented project.
- Ability to work individually in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently often with a lot of autonomy
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including a good telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail are absolutely necessary.
- Strong knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be personable and able to work well with others
- Excellent follow-up, time management and organizational skills.
- Be a team player and hard worker, able to thrive in a fast paced, open environment.
All internships are unpaid. Any duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs.
Volunteering your time is the best way to make a difference. Contact an ACTION partner about volunteer opportunities in their country.
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!