ACTION partner RESULTS Educational Fund is one of the most well-known grassroots advocacy organizations in the world. The RESULTS approach to advocacy is battle-tested and has achieved numerous gains over the past three decades on tuberculosis, child survival, microcredit and education for all.
For individuals new to advocacy or long-time activists looking to brush up their skills, the following toolkits adapted from RESULTS’ Activists’ Milestones can help guide your efforts.
Source: RESULTS/RESULTS Educational Fund's Activist Milestones
- How to Speak Powerfully
- How to Get to Know Your Staffer
- How To Meet Face to Face With Your Elected Official
- How To Ask a Question at a Community Meeting or Candidate Forum
- How to Write a Letter to the Editor
- How to Write a Letter to Your Elected Official
- How to Generate an Editorial in your Local Newspaper
- How to Organize a Community Forum
- How to Organize a Community Dialogue Session
- How to Speak at a Local Community Group
- How to Build a Grassroots Community Network