At AIDS 2014, the ACTION global health advocacy partnership will release new research assessing whether donors and affected countries are implementing World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations to address TB-HIV.
- Dr. Joanne Carter, Executive Director, RESULTS Educational Fund
- Dr. Mark Dybul, Executive Director, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria
- Dr. Luiz Loures, Deputy Executive Director of Programme, UNAIDS
- Evaline Kibuchi, TB Advocacy Manager, Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium (KANCO)
When and Where:
- Tuesday July 22 from 12 noon to 12:30
- TB+HIV Networking Zone (Booth 816 in the Global Village)
Tuberculosis is the leading killer of people with HIV, causing at least 1 in 5 HIV-related deaths. The two diseases work in deadly synergy to speed each other's progress. This is the first time a comprehensive analysis has examined the extent to which WHO guidelines on collaborative TB-HIV activities have translated into reality.
For More Information:
Angela Pereira, ACTION Senior Communications Associate
+61 416 346 587; firstname.lastname@example.org